BMW Repair, Service and Maintenance
10% OFF for New Customers
3 Year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
AAA Approved Auto Repair
All models of BMW - Sedan - Coupes - SUV - BMW Z Series - BMW Compacts
BMW 1 Series - 3 Series - 5 - Series - 6 Series - 7 Series - Sports Activity Series
Certified BMW Repair and Service
International Sport Motors has been performing top quality BMW repair in San Francisco, CA for over 35 years. We would love to perform all your BMW repair, service and maintenance needs. From BMW transmission service to trouble shooting your check engine light, we are here to help.
We use all Genuine, Certified BMW Parts
We only use the best, brand-new, factory certified parts on your BMW. While most shops use aftermarket parts, International Sport Motors maintains the highest quality workmanship by only using high quality, factory certified parts on your car or SUV.
Lifetime BG Protection Warranties
We provide a 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty with all our BMW repair work. We also offer lifetime warranties through our BG protection plan. Ask us about this great service plan and warranty and we will be happy to provide you with all the details.
Auto Repair Warranties
- 3 years / 36,000 mile warranty on all our mechanical repairs
Auto Body and Accident Work
- Lifetime Body Work Warranty
- Lifetime Paint Warranty
BMW Inspection 1 (I) and 2 (II)
International Sport Motors uses the same world-class Autologic Diagnostics Software used by the San Francisco BMW dealership. With Autologic we can flawlessly execute your BMW Inspection Service 1 or 2. We are dedicated to keeping your car or SUV in perfect condition. These scheduled services cover all the essentials needed to keep your vehicle in tip-top condition.
- Change engine oil and oil filter. Make sure engine operates within normal temperature range.
- Perform battery load test.
- Inspect transmission for leaks.
- Grease hood, trunk / tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Oil hood, trunk/tailgate, and door hinges.
- Visually inspect fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks.
- Inspect condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
- Inspect overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads.
- Inspect brake disc surfaces.
- Clean brake pad contact points in calipers.
- Grease wheel center hubs.
- Inspect power steering system for leaks.
- Inspect steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
- Inspect front control arm bushing for wear.
- Inspect rear axle for leaks.
- Inspect brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
- Inspect for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
- Inspect wiper and washer system(s), wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Inspect windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
- Inspect all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
- Inspect condition of tires [outer surfaces (left/right)], tread wear and pattern; In case of uneven tread wear readjust wheel alignment if required.
- Read computer diagnostic system with BMW factory scanner.
- Inspect engine cooling system / heater hose connections for leaks.
- Inspect coolant level and antifreeze protection level. Add coolant if necessary.
- Inspect level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir. Add fluid if required.
- Inspect air conditioner for operation.
- Replace microfilter or air conditioner cabin filter.
- Inspect heater / air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Inspect battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Inspect lighting system - headlights, fog lights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
- Inspect instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Inspect turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer / flasher switch.
- Inspect condition and function of safety belts.
- Inspect central locking / double lock.
- Inspect rear view mirrors
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
- Inspect all warning / indicator lights, check control.
- Reset Service Indicator.
Inspection Service 2 includes everything in Inspection Service 1 with the addition of the services listed below.
- Replace spark plugs.
- Change the oil in the differential.
- Replace engine intake air cleaner element (air filter)
- Full body inspection for rust or any other weakness or wear according to the terms of the BMW rust prevention warranty.
- Inspect thickness of parking brake linings.
- Inspect for leaks at flexible boots of the axle.
Keeping up with regular oil changes is the simplest, most cost effective way to maintain the longevity of your BMW. Here is what you get with our oil change service.
- BMW certified technicians.
- BMW certified lubricants.
- Comprehensive BMW inspection including...
- Brake inspection
- Brake fluid level inspection
- Transmission fluid level inspection
- Engine coolant level inspection
- Complete under-car inspection
- Thorough hose and leak inspection
- Complete belt inspection
- headlight inspection
- Taillight inspection
- Instrument inspection
- Tire pressure and abnormal wear inspection
These days, you can get your car's oil changed just about anywhere, but at International Sport Motors you can rest easy knowing you are getting work done by our quality, BMW trained staff, and a far better customer service experience than you can expect from the local San Francisco BMW dealership.
Regular scheduled maintenance is essential to maintain the value and preserve the longevity of any BMW vehicle. Normal wear and tear can accumulate, turning into far more substantial problems down the road. Sticking to BMW's regular maintenance schedule is the best way to make sure your BMW car or SUV is always working flawlessly.
At International Sport Motors, our certified BMW technicians are always available to answer questions or give you specific BMW advice. While it is always best to refer to the specific maintenance manual for your vehicle, below we have a list of the various BMW models and the specific scheduled maintenance services that accompany them.
BMW organizes its scheduled maintenance services into two major inspection classes - Inspection 1 (I) and Inspection 2 (II). Please remember that regular oil changes are often necessary between the factory recommended oil services and inspections. Longer intervals between oil changes can also be achieved through the use of higher grade, high-performance synthetic oils.
1991 and Older
1992 – 1998
1999 and Younger
|7,500 miles||10,000 miles||15,000 miles||Oil Service|
|15,000 miles||20,000 miles||30,000 miles||Inspection 1|
|22,500 miles||30,000 miles||45,000 miles||Oil Service|
|30,000 miles||40,000 miles||60,000 miles||Inspection 2|
|37,500 miles||50,000 miles||75,000 miles||Oil Service|
|45,000 miles||60,000 miles||90,000 miles||Inspection 1|
|52,500 miles||70,000 miles||105,000 miles||Oil Service|
|60,000 miles||80,000 miles||120,000 miles||Inspection 2|
|67,500 miles||90,000 miles||135,000 miles||Oil Service|
|75,000 miles||100,000 miles||150,000 miles||Inspection 1|
|82,500 miles||110,000 miles||165,000 miles||Oil Service|
|90,000 miles||120,000 miles||180,000 miles||Inspection 2|
|97,500 miles||130,000 miles||195,000 miles||Oil Service|
|105,000 miles||140,000 miles||210,000 miles||Inspection 1|
|112,500 miles||150,000 miles||225,000 miles||Oil Service|
|120,000 miles||160,000 miles||240,000 miles||Inspection 2|
|127,500 miles||170,000 miles||255,000 miles||Oil Service|
|135,000 miles||180,000 miles||270,000 miles||Inspection 1|
|142,500 miles||190,000 miles||285,000 miles||Oil Service|
|150,000 miles||200,000 miles||300,000 miles||Inspection 2|
What should I do when my BMW's "service engine soon" or "check engine" light comes on?
First off, don’t panic. There is no need to pull off the road immediately.
The BMW "service engine soon" lights cover a wide array of issues, from a loose gas cap to serious engine and/or transmission problems. The light is designed to let you know that your car or SUV should be looked at by a certified BMW technician capable of diagnosing any specific issue(s).
The "check engine" (or "service engine soon") lights will only come on when the engine management system has recorded a fault. At International Sport Motors, we use the same computerized diagnostic equipment as the BMW dealerships, and the first step in diagnosing any BMW problem, especially if your vehicle seems to be running fine, is to clear the engine management system's fault codes and see if the codes return.
If the fault codes causing your warning light to display don't return, the issue may have been previously resolved and your vehicle's fault codes never properly cleared. The fault codes may also have been related to some errant short-term issue that has resolved itself.
However, if we clear the engine management system's fault codes and the problem persists, the next step is to look up the codes and diagnose your vehicle's specific issue(s). Once we know exactly what the problem is, we can provide you with a detailed description of any issues and an estimate on what it will cost to fix.
What is our Premium Automatic Transmissions Service?
At ISM we tap into your transmission cooler lines and mock the fluid flow to ensure we remove every last drop of contaminated fluid. This method is much better than most auto service shops who only siphon fluid or drop the transmission pan, removing just a fraction of the old transmission fluid.
Our premium transmission service uses a full 16 quarts of transmission fluid and a complete BMW transmission flush kit. The total service retails for $600 but mention this ad when you book your transmission service appointment and SAVE $50.
BMW cars and SUVs use what's known as "lifetime fluids." These fluids are intended to last for the entire life of your vehicle, though in actuality it would be more appropriate to call them "long-life fluids."
"Lifetime fluids" are generally synthetic based oils, three to four times the cost of conventional fluids, and suitable for use for up to 100,000 miles.
While BMWs definitely have better built transmissions (GM transmissions for the BMW 3 series and ZF transmissions for the BMW 5 and 7 series) along with synthetic transmission fluids that are far less prone to chemical and viscosity breakdown than conventional oils, there is a good case to be made for changing your BMW's automatic transmission fluid.
We recommend changing your BWM transmission fluid every 50,000 miles.
Temperature overheating is the most common reason for transmission failure. As transmission fluids age they lose viscosity and cooling properties. This means that your transmission fluid may no longer have the right chemical properties to lubricate vital transmission components or keep your transmission cool.
So if the BMW's transmission fluid stays in too long, it could lead to shifting issues and even transmission failure.
Use caution if you don't know when your transmission fluid was last flushed, or if you are replacing fluid after 100,000 miles.
Automatic transmissions were never meant to last forever. All BMW transmissions have paper thin wafers called "clutch plates" that will wear out eventually. This wear will result in your transmission slipping or shifting hard from gear to gear. This is why you should carefully weigh your options if you have never changed your transmission fluid before and your BMW has over 100,000 miles on it.
When new transmission fluid is introduced in an older transmission, the old fluid viscosity is replaced. As your new transmission fluid settles in, it could become too slippery for your worn clutch plates and seals, resulting in low fluid pressure and increased transmission slippage.
If your BMW already has a shifting issue, you have nothing to lose but if you are over 100,000 miles and your transmission is still running fine, you may not want to risk the change.
Even with regular service and maintenance, transmissions still occasionally break down.
Transmission problems have a number of unique symptoms. The most common problem with automatic transmissions is transmission “slips” or "slipping" when the transmission is shifting into a higher gear.
In other words, the engine revs up when you accelerate, but it feels as though the transmission takes a moment to shift into the next gear. The car may also shift hard, slamming into gear, or make grinding or clicking noises when shifting from gear to gear.
These symptoms point to likely transmission problems that you should deal with immediately. If you don't, they are likely to become much larger transmission problems in the near future.
Rick S. - Yelp Review
I had my BMW 740il towed to ISM on a recommendation (ignition lock/tumblers unexpectedly seized up). The team at ISM were all very pleasant & helpful, from the front office to the shop floor. The quality of work on my car was top-notch, used genuine BMW parts, but saved me money by having lower—and much more reasonable—labor rates versus traditional BMW dealerships. Their communication & follow-through could serve as a textbook example of "how-to-do-it-right" in any industry. I highly recommend them and will be bringing my car back in the future, as I witnessed evidence of great mechanical & body work being performed on several other brands of vehicles.
Top Notch. I suffered a minor accident in stop-and-go traffic the other week in my BMW. The insurance company recommended here and one other location for repairs. I read the reviews on a few websites and went with IS Motors. I have honestly never had a better experience -- great, friendly, knowledgeable people, top notch customer service, and a great shop. They definitely take pride, not only in their work product, but in their integrity. They walked me through every question I had, and I received regular email updates on how repairs were progressing. I also took a tour of the shop when I came to pick up the car. They streamlined all dealings with the insurance company. They detailed my car. Within a day of driving off, some additional internal damage from the accident came to light. They got me in immediately for a diagnosis, recommended necessary and optional steps, and worked with the insurance company to make sure there were no problems having it covered under the claim. This shop sets the standard.
Antonio & ISM was recommended by an acquaintance who saw the heinous streak on the passenger side of my M3. Since he also had a BMW, I thought ISM would be good choice.
They did a great job, work with the customer about price and turn over was quick. When I left the car for work, they dropped me off back home which was a huge plus.
Hello Antonio. Happy Friday. I just wanted to thank you and your crew (Nicky and Cody) for doing a marvelous job on replacing the rear bumper of my BMW 335i. The extra little touches (such as driving me and picking me up from work and resolving my bluetooth) are truly appreciated. I am really happy I took my car over to your shop, despite it not being on my insurance's "preferred shops". I've recommended to my insurance that you should be added to their network. I would take my car back to your shop in a heartbeat should I need any other repair jobs. The communication you've provided much appreciate, which is a notch above most other places I know. I felt like I could really trust your business.
My experience with ISM has been great. I took in my BMW 335i coupe for repairs after an accident and everything was fixed properly and quickly. There were additional repairs that were needed after they started and they thought it would take more days to finish the job, but I asked Antonio if there was any way to get it done by the regular deadline so that I wouldn't have to extend my rental car and he was able to speed it up.
I also took in my car for two separate flat tires and they were quickly patched it up for me on the spot.
Thanks again guys.
To put it short... they hooked me up with an awesome, professional, meticulous & supreme job on my M3 & Honda Accord. I would not waste my time going anywhere else. These guys do everything!!! Thank you ISM!!!